JACOB’S HEART INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Jacob’s Heart Children’s Cancer Support Services offers a wide variety of ways to get involved. Internship positions are available to those who want a meaningful way to give back while also gaining practical skills and training. Interns should be reliable, hardworking, and compassionate individuals that have a passion for providing services to families and children.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS (for all interns)
- At least 18 years old
- Able to pass a background check (Live Scan application)
- Commit to at least 6 months
- Have scheduled office hours Monday-Friday between 9 am – 5 pm
- Be available to help on weekends
- Interview process required
- Bilingual strongly preferred but not a requirement
INTERN POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Please email us with your resume and cover letter if you are interested in any of the following positions.
General Interns help Jacob’s Heart in and around the office. Office hours must be completed at the Jacob’s Heart office in Watsonville. At least three hours must be completed on Thursday afternoons or Fridays. General Interns help in the following categories:
- Grocery deliveries
- Research and resource referrals
- Event support – Jacob’s Heart events, outreach events, fundraisers
- Case management and support – Typing up case notes, shadowing hospital and home visits, coordinating services for families
Social Media and Outreach Intern
The Social Media and Outreach Intern will be in charge of managing and creating new content for our social media accounts. Interns will help research content that is specific for volunteers, community members, and Jacob’s Heart families. Interns should be proficient on the computer and have knowledge on multiple social media platforms. Experience designing posters on the computer is a bonus.