Call Lori Butterworth at 831-239-2015 or email: [email protected] to learn how to increase your impact and your tax deduction.
Giving appreciated stock you’ve held for more than a year is better than giving cash. You can increase your gift to Jacob’s Heart and your tax deduction by donating appreciated stocks.
After you have held a stock for more than one year, at the time of the donation you get a tax deduction equal to the fair market value of the stock, not to your cost basis. That is, when you donate stock to Jacob’s Heart, you can take a tax deduction for the full fair market value at the time you donate it…not what you paid when you bought it. According to Fidelity Charitable, your contribution and tax deduction may instantly increase over 20%.
At Jacob’s Heart, we make it easy. We have tax and stock experts on our Board of Directors ready to help you maximize your impact in supporting children with cancer and maximizing with your tax deduction.
Call us at 831-239-2015 or email and we will easily transfer your stocks and provide paperwork for your tax deduction.
Would you prefer to donate bonds, mutual funds, real estate? The same benefits apply both to you and the children at Jacob’s Heart.
Designate your stock donation to the Jacob’s Heart service most meaningful to you:
- Bilingual counseling and family support including grief support for the entire family
- Art from the Heart – heART on Wheels
- Community education about pediatric cancer, grief and loss
- Direct financial assistance for families facing financial hardships during treatment or for memorials and legacies
- Nutritious meals and groceries delivered to families during treatment
- Transportation to and from medical treatment
- Camp Heart + Hands – A family camp for families of children with cancer
- Adopt-a-Family – holiday gifts and family connections
- Celebrations of milestones