1. Make an online donation to Jacob’s Heart
Our biggest need during the holidays are online donations. Online donations support all programs, which are vital to supporting the financial and emotional well-being of our families. Just select the donation button at the top of this page (upper left) and if you’d like your donation to used for our adopt-a-family program, please let us know at checkout. An online Adopt-a-Family donation of $200 adopts a family of two or three, and $500 adopts a family of four.
If you make an online donation you don’t need to fill out the Holiday Hearts form.
2. Purchase gifts from the Holiday Heart’s Target / Amazon Gift Registries.
Shop the Jacob’s Heart Target and/or Jacob’s Heart Amazon Gift registry. Order gifts and gift cards for a family online and your gifts will be delivered directly to the Jacob’s Heart Family Center. Each gift will be personally wrapped by our volunteers and delivered directly to children and families at home or in the hospital.
If you’d like to purchase gifts through Target and/or Amazon, please fill out the purple form. If you can, write a special message to your family for us to include with your gifts. Please also include your name and contact information when making an Amazon purchase. (Amazon does not send donor information to us, so please let us know your name and the gifts you purchased so we can thank you.)
3. Adopt-a-Family and shop for them.
- Fill out the purple form to request a family wish list.
- Jacob’s Heart will contact you and send you a list of each family member’s wishes. (We provide guidelines for our families so that the gift stay within the price range of +/- $100 per child.)
- Once you’re matched with a family, shop to your heart’s desire using the child (family’s) wish list. Each child’s wish list includes three items—you should expect to spend approximately $150 per child.
- Bring the gifts (unwrapped, please) to the Jacob’s Heart Family Center at 680 West Beach Street, Watsonville, CA before December 14th.
4. No time to shop, but still want to help?
- Purchase gift cards in denominations of $25 from any gas station, Target, Safeway, or Walmart. We especially need gift cards for teens, and parents deeply appreciate gift cards for gas and groceries – the practical things matter!
- Mail or bring gift cards to the Jacob’s Heart Family Center and we’ll deliver them to families struggling with finances during the holidays.