COVID-19 — Support for Children with Life-Threatening Illnesses
You Can Support Medically Fragile Children
Families of children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses have been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. At Jacob’s Heart, our number one priority is keeping medically fragile children and their families housed, fed, emotionally supported, and safely transported to treatment.
With your help, Jacob’s Heart will provide: rent and utilities; weekly grocery deliveries; transportation assistance; essential items like diapers, wipes, and cleaning products; and crisis counseling for families when they need it most.
Safe Housing Support
- Ensures families are securely sheltered by helping pay rent and utilities.
Food and Essentials Delivered Weekly to Doorsteps
- Going to the grocery store is not an option for medically fragile children and their families. Jacob’s Heart provides groceries and essentials so families can remain safe in their homes.
- Clean, safe, and reliable transportation to treatment is provided for medically fragile children and their families.
- We’re increasing crisis counseling and ongoing psychotherapy, online, by phone, or in-person (with safety precautions).
Diapers, Wipes, and Cleaning Products
- Provides essential items for families of young children, as well as products to keep surfaces and hands germ-free.
Help families with rent, food, transportation and essentials during the COVID-19 crisis — 100% of your donation goes directly to families
Parents of children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses are missing work, now more than ever. Make a donation today to support Jacob’s Heart families during this challenging time. 100% of your donation will assist with much-needed rent assistance, food deliveries, transportation to treatment, and essentials to keep families strong, safe and supported.
You can also order items from the two registries below. Items purchased from these registries will be shipped to the Jacob’s Heart Family Center and distributed to medically fragile children and their families.
CLICK HERE to purchase an item from this special COVID-19 Amazon registry. Your gift will help families stay strong, safe, and supported during this challenging time.
Family Center Open
Monday – Friday, 10am to 4pm
- The Jacob’s Heart Family Center will be open between the hours of 10am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. Limited staff will be at the Family Center available for family support.
- Families may visit the Family Center if there is an urgent or emerging need that needs to be addressed at the Family Center.
Care Packages and Groceries
- Family Specialists will deliver care packages to families in need of tangible items.
- Grocery deliveries will be delivered every week.
- The Heart Mart pantry will not be open during this time, but mobile Heart Mart is in effect.
- Activity kits, for children home from school, will be included in the grocery deliveries.
- An enhanced Mobile Heart Mart will be delivered to families by Daniela.
- NOTE: We are limiting the number of people who touch items that are being sent out to families.
- Medically necessary transportation for children and families will continue to be provided.
- Look for the April newsletter, with information on the Coronavirus and what Jacob’s Heart is doing to address it.
- April Teen Day
- April Sibling Day
- March/April Support Groups
- We are looking into remote support groups for our Spanish In-Treatment Support Group, as some of these families are experiencing tough emotional hurdles and need support.