During the holiday season Jacob’s Heart will be serving more local families of children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses than ever before. For some of these families, it could be their last holiday together. For all of them, the struggles of managing care for a child with a life-threatening illness is overwhelming.
Please consider making the holidays brighter for these children and their families by supporting Holiday Hearts, Jacob’s Heart’s Adopt-a-Family Program.
There are many ways you can help children and families this holiday season.
1. Purchase gifts from the Holiday Heart’s Target / Amazon Gift Registries.
Shop the Jacob’s Heart Target and/or Jacob’s Heart Amazon Gift registry. Order gifts and gift cards for a family online and your gifts will be delivered directly to the Jacob’s Heart Family Center. Each gift will be personally wrapped by our volunteers and delivered directly to children and families at home or in the hospital.
If you’d like to purchase gifts through Target and/or Amazon, please fill out the purple form. If you can, write a special message to your family for us to include with your gifts. Please also include your name and contact information when making an Amazon purchase. (Amazon does not send donor information to us, so please let us know your name and your gifts so we can thank you.)
2. Make an online donation to Jacob’s Heart and specify that you’d like your donation to be used for Holiday Hearts, Adopt-a-Family.
Select the donation button at the top of this page (upper left)—$150 to adopt a child, $300 for a family of two, $600 for a family of four. Please let us know your donation is for Holiday Hearts, Adopt-a-Family. We’ll shop for you. You’ll receive a thank you note from the family you supported.
If you make an online donation you don’t need to fill out the Holiday Hearts form.
3. Adopt-a-Family and shop for them.
- Fill out the purple form to request a family wish list.
- Jacob’s Heart will contact with you and send you a list of each family member’s wishes. (We provide guidelines for our families so that the gift stay within the price range of +/- $150 per child.)
- Once you’re matched with a family, shop to your heart’s desire using the child (family’s) wish list. Each child’s wish list includes three items—you should expect to spend approximately $150 per child.
- Bring the gifts (unwrapped, please) to the Jacob’s Heart Family Center at 680 West Beach Street, Watsonville, CA before December 8th.
4. No time to shop, but still want to help?
- Purchase gift cards in denominations of $25 from any gas station, Target, Safeway, or Walmart. We especially need gift cards for teens, and parents deeply appreciate gift cards for gas and groceries – the practical things matter!
- Mail or bring gift cards to the Jacob’s Heart Family Center and we’ll deliver them to families struggling with finances during the holidays.